- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 long red chillies, chopped
- 750 g (1 lb 11 oz) minced (ground) pork
- 1 bunch gai larn (Chinese broccoli), trimmed, washed and chopped
- 4 spring onions (scallions), chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 savoy cabbage leaves, core trimmed
- hoisin sauce to serve
1 Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the garlic, ginger and chilli for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Increase the heat to high. Add the pork and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until brown.
2 Add the gai larn and spring onions and cook for 2 minutes, until tender. Mix together the soy sauce, fi sh sauce, sugar and ¼ cup water. Add to the pork and cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced slightly.
3 Meanwhile, blanch the cabbage leaves in a large saucepan of boiling water. Drain well. Spoon the pork mixture into the leaves and wrap them to form a parcel. Serve with the hoisin sauce.
TIP You can try minced (ground) chicken or beef if you prefer,
instead of the pork.
Recipe: Meredith Kirton Grow Harvest Cook published by Hardie Grant books