Coriander pesto is delicious and easy to make. It freezes well too, which means you can continue enjoying your homegrown organic coriander out of your local growing season.
- A blender or food processor
- 1 large bunch of coriander
- 200ml macadamia or other vegetable oil
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 100ml lemon juice
- 1 chilli …if you like a little heat,
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Brown the nuts in a dry frying pan over a high heat - that brings out their lovely nutty flavour.
- Put the nuts into your blender along with your crushed garlic and chilli. Process them until they’re finely chopped.
- Put in your oil, lemon juice and coriander leaves. Give it another wiz adding more leaves until you’ve got the consistency you like
- Season the mix with salt and pepper to taste.
Coriander pesto is scrumptious with chicken, rice noodles and Asian dishes. It makes a sensational dip too, but my favourite way to enjoy it is simply on a cracker with a slice of tomato and a dollop of pesto on top. It’s pure coriander indulgence!
First published: June 2013