- 500g of organic, free-range chicken thighs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of good quality fish sauce
- Juice of half a lime
- A handful of coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- A good pinch of salt & black pepper
- ½ a red chili (optional)
- Coconut oil (for frying)
- Lettuce leaves
- Lime wedges
1. Chop up the chicken thighs into 3cm chunks. Then pop them into a food processor along with all the other ingredients and pulse until it is all chopped finely and well combined.
2. Wet your hands to make this step a little easier. Form the mixture into evenly shaped balls.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the balls in batches until they are cooked through and golden.
4. Serve these delicious little balls of goodness with lettuce leaves and fresh lime wedges.
NB: If you don’t have a food processor, just simply use chicken mince and mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.
For this and other delicious lunch box ideas grab a copy of the Organic Sisters e-book Our Favourite Snack & Lunchbox Food (pictured below) and for a limited time there's a discount of $5 when you use the code word: organicgardener (Click on the image below and enter the code word into the cart before purchasing the ebook)
Recipe: Organic Sisters