The pepper brings out the sweetness of the strawberries, giving a great balance with the peppery rocket and the salty tang and creaminess of the blue cheese.
- 300g strawberries, washed, hulled and cut in half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 150g salad rocket, washed, dried and trimmed
- 100g blue cheese, crumbled
- 50g pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze *
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt flakes
Combine the strawberries and white pepper in a large bowl and set a side for 30 minutes. Add the rocket, blue cheese and pistachios and gently toss. Whisk together the balsamic glaze and salt. Place the strawberry salad into a serving bowl and drizzle over the balsamic glaze. Serve on its own or this is also delicious alongside chargrilled lamb or crispy skin salmon.
* Balsamic glaze is syrupy vinegar and can be found in supermarkets or delicatessens.
Recipe: Julie Ray