- 1½ cups (185g) almond meal
- 150g toasted muesli
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted, chopped
- 1 cup (170g) pitted prunes, chopped
- ⅓ cup (50g) each currants and dried cranberries, chopped
- ½ cup (80g) sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs linseed or chia seeds*
- ⅔ cup (110g) almonds, lightly toasted, chopped
- 2 tbs raw cacao powder* or Dutch cocoa powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs tahini
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 2 tbs apple juice
Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper.
Combine all the dry ingredients, reserving 100g muesli, in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the tahini, maple syrup and apple juice, whisking until smooth. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add extra juice if mixture is dry.
Press mixture into cake pan, sprinkle over remaining muesli, then cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
* Linseed, chia seeds and raw cacao powder are all available from health food shops and gourmet food shops.
Recipe: Jill Dupleix