This issue Organic Gardener goes global!
Get hot tips on growing chillies, Vietnamese greens, tea and chickpeas. Plus we talk to guest Harvest writer Poh about her food heritage, we look at organics around the world, and we ask, “is glyphosate really safe?
ABC Organic Gardener magazine, print and digital versions, available from ABC Shops and Centres, newsagents, Zinio, Google play, Apple newsstand and online.
Grow: Some like it hot
Justin Russell shares his red-hot tips for growing potent (and not-so-potent) chillies.
Grow: Eat your Vietnamese greens
Penny Woodward shows how to add a bit of variety to your garden and kitchen with easy-to-grow Vietnamese greens and herbs that bring exotic flavours to everyday meals.
Grow: Pulse of life
Chickpeas are a reliable pulse that have been used by many cultures for centuries. Linda Cockburn gives her top tips on how to grow your own.
Life: Take time for tea
Anyone for tea? Daniel Honan and Justin Russell look at how to grow and brew the perfect cuppa.
Profile: Going organic – globally
From Ghana to Ireland, we visit some innovative projects working towards an organic food future.
Planet: Is glyphosate really safe?
Simon Webster investigates the latest research questioning the safety of glyphosate – the most widely used herbicide on the planet.
Basics: Convert operations
Millie Ross’s guide to getting started with compost and worm farms so you can turn your waste into nutrient-rich food for soil and plants.
Action: Scent of spring
You can almost smell the onset of spring, so there’s plenty to do in the garden. Phil Dudman and Penny Woodward list their top jobs to do now.
Harvest: Life of Poh
Celebrated cook, and now keen gardener, Poh Ling Yeow says food provides a link to her culture and shares some of her tasty recipes. Plus harvest tips from Phil Dudman.
Poultry: Egg-cellent eggs!
Jessamy Miller cracks the code on how to ensure your hens lay healthy, nutrient-packed eggs that are safe to eat.
Solutions: Pond scum 101
Have an algae problem? Penny Woodward reveals her tactics for eradicating scum from ponds.
Plus all our regular articles…
- Editor’s letter
- Organic feedback
- Organic matters - the latest news and events.
- Organic bites - Research, culture, positive activism and other organic morsels.
- Organic market - Global goodies for the kitchen and garden.
- Organic plant - Easy-to-grow edibles from around the world.
- Organic advice - our experts answer your gardening questions.
- Organic library - the latest books & DVDs.
- Losing the plot: Simon Webster trades plants for tools and is rewarded with a glorious garden path sprouting mushrooms!
- Competition - WIN a bumper prize pack including a trip to the Horticultural & Gardening Festival in Melbourne and a personal meet and greet with Peter Cundall worth over $2000!
- Subscription offer - Subscribe to Organic Gardener for only $49.95 for seven issues, including free postage!
- Gardening on your ABC - Your ABC local radio and TV gardening guide.