Spring into organic gardening with our October issue.
Maximize productivity and diversity with PETER CUNDALL'S SPRING PLANTING BONANZA. Grow tricky tomatoes, gorgeous ginger, and real fast food, check out our trusty tools guide, raise your own chicks and swap your chemical pool for a natural oasis plus much more.
ABC Organic Gardener magazine, print and digital versions, available from ABC Shops and Centres, newsagents, Zinio, Google play, Apple newsstand and online.
Grow: Viva la vegies!
Peter Cundall says you don’t need much space to join the homegrown revolution and shares his expert advice for starting your own abundant vegie patch.
Grow: Tricks of the tomato trade
Penny Woodward reveals her 10 top tips for growing trouble-free tomatoes. Plus, Phil Dudman on how to graft tomatoes for better disease resistance.
Grow: Ginger binge
Productive, pungent and easy to grow, what’s not to love about ginger, asks Phil Dudman.
People: Not run of the mill
Paul West meets an enterprising couple who left the city for the country and have launched a successful market garden from scratch.
Profile: The essential tool kit
Not all spades (or shovels) are created equal. Justin Russell names his most tried-and-trusted gardening tools that will stand the test of time.
Design: Pool to pond
A new trend of converting rarely used swimming pools into natural ponds is creating biodiversity hotspots as well as saving money and energy, writes Marc Llewellyn.
Planet: All wrapped up
Simon Webster investigates the rise in food packaging, the latest efforts to reduce and reuse waste, and the health impacts of plastics.
Harvest: Pod me up!
It’s time we all gave peas a culinary chance with these simple but scrumptious recipes, say Julie Ray and Phil Dudman.
Action: Reap the rewards
It’s time to get busy in the spring garden, planting, mulching, watering and growing colourful flowers. By Penny Woodward and Phil Dudman.
Poultry: Raising chicks
Jessamy Miller hatches a foolproof plan on how to raise your own chicks.
Solutions: Fungi fighters
Justin Russell looks at the most common and effective fungicides and how to use them.
Plus all our regular articles…
- Editor’s letter
- Organic feedback
- Organic matters - the latest news and events.
- Organic bites - Research, culture, positive activism and other organic morsels.
- Organic market - practical products for spring gardening.
- Organic plant - quick-growing crops for real fast food.
- Organic advice - our experts answer your gardening questions.
- Organic library - the latest books.
- Losing the plot: Simon Webster finds himself in a pickle, trying to keep up a steady cabbage supply for Mrs Plot’s fermenting.
- Competition - WIN one of two worm farm packs worth over $400 each!
- Subscription offer - Subscribe to Organic Gardener for only $49.95 for seven issues, including free postage!
- Gardening on your ABC - Your ABC local radio and TV gardening guide.