Dive into 2017 with the latest issue of Organic Gardener!
In this issue of ABC Organic Gardener we grow, cure and taste-test garlic with Penny Woodward, meet Peter Cundall’s wild garden friends, investigate bitter greens – chicory, dandelion, endive – for health and wellbeing with Justin Russell, and show you how to stretch your harvest with tried-and-true techniques from Helen McKerral. Plus, there are delicious recipes for roasted garlic and lemon chicken, summer salon tips for cool chooks and simple techniques for dyeing fabric with onion skins. Plus much, much more...
ABC Organic Gardener magazine available online.
Grow: Green with envy
Bitter greens may be an acquired taste for some but they have life-enhancing qualities and are simple to grow, writes Justin Russell.
Grow: At a stretch
Helen McKerral shares her tried-and-true techniques for extending your harvests and avoiding gluts through summer and beyond.
Grow: Garlic cure all
Penny Woodward takes us through the harvesting, curing and storage of home-grown garlic, plus a flavour table of garlic to grow and savour.
Ornamental: Scent-sational climbers
Karen Sutherland names her top climbing plants for fragrant flowers and cooling shade in the summer heat.
Wildlife: My wild garden friends
Peter Cundall says animals and wildlife are essential to the ecological balance in his and wife Tina’s garden.
Action: Heading off the heat
It’s hot, hot, hot. Keep your cool this summer with easily integrated garden strategies.
Solutions: Frog utopia
Leap into the wonderful world of frogs and you’ll attract water-loving insects to your garden too, write Leonie Shanahan and Denis Crawford.
Planet: The fabric of life
The rapacious ‘fast fashion’ industry is damaging the planet. Liz Ginis speaks with sustainable change leaders.
Project: Dyeing with onion skins
Natural dyer and author India Flint takes us through the easy process of dyeing textiles using onion skins.
Conversation: Jane Campbell
Liz Ginis speaks with organic dairy producer Jane Campbell.
Harvest: Gastronome garlic
Delicious dishes featuring garlic by Julie Ray, plus wine picks and harvest notes.
Vale Bill Mollison
Russ Grayson remembers permaculture co-founder Bill Mollison.
Poultry: Chook salon
Spruce up your chickens with Jessamy Miller.
Plus all our regular articles…
- Editor’s letter & Contributors
- Organic feedback
- Organic matters - the latest news and events.
- Organic market - latest garden and health products.
- Organic plant - Squeeze more into the growing season with these fast-cropping plants, writes Justin Russell.
- Organic advice - our experts answer your gardening questions.
- Organic library - the latest books.
- Losing the plot: Alpaca your bags – Simon Webster ruminates on his escapee South American camelids.
- Subscription offer - Subscribe to Organic Gardener magazine for your chance to win a 5-night escape for two to Billabong Retreat valued at $3440!
- Organic Gardener's Reader’s Survey – WIN one of five Probiotics packs worth $100 each.
- Competition - WIN $500 worth of Tools from CutAbove Tools.
- Gardening on your ABC - Your ABC local radio and TV gardening guide.