Our chook book has hatched!
Whatever size your backyard, you can keep hens and collect fresh eggs every day
Featuring the best of ABC Organic Gardener magazine’s expert advice, Happy Hens is packed with everything you need to know about caring for your chooks, whether you are just starting out or already have a flock.
You will discover:
- What to look for when buying chickens so you start with healthy, happy layers.
- A handy guide to the best backyard breeds available in Australia.
- How to choose the right bird for your needs – whether you want top egg producers, live in a hot climate, or need to find the perfect chooks for a tiny plot.
- Great tips on housing and caring for your hens, what to feed them and how to keep them safe from predators and pests. There are even instructions for a DIY hen house.
- Troubleshooting tips to solve the most common chook problems.
- If you're feeling clucky, learn how to incubate and raise chicks.
With Happy Hens, it’s easy to keep your backyard flock happy, healthy – and productive.
Order your copy today. Available online and from all ABC Shops.
By: Organic Gardener
First published: June 2015