June 28, 2013
Coriander pesto is delicious and easy to make. It freezes well too, which means you can continue enjoying your homegrown organic coriander out of your local growing season.
- A blender or food processor
- 1 large bunch of coriander
- 200ml macadamia or other vegetable oil
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 100ml lemon juice
- 1 chilli …if you like a little heat,
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Brown the nuts in a dry frying pan over a high heat - that brings out their lovely nutty flavour.
- Put the nuts into your blender along with your crushed garlic and chilli. Process them until they’re finely chopped.
- Put in your oil, lemon juice and coriander leaves. Give it another wiz adding more leaves until you’ve got the consistency you like
- Season the mix with salt and pepper to taste.
Coriander pesto is scrumptious with chicken, rice noodles and Asian dishes. It makes a sensational dip too, but my favourite way to enjoy it is simply on a cracker with a slice of tomato and a dollop of pesto on top. It’s pure coriander indulgence!